We are looking to start harvesting relatively small amounts of different species of edible seaweed from the clear Atlantic waters of the Firth of Lorn, ideal for restaurants and artisan food producers or natural beauty products.
If you are interested in using any seaweeds please contact us to discuss your needs and what will be good for you.
A guide to what the fresh (wet weight) prices (£/kg) will be
- Dulse (Palmaria palmata) £17/kg
- Atlantic wakame (Alaria esculente) £20/kg
- Laver (Porphyra sp.) £15/kg
- Sea spaghetti (Hilmanthalia elongata) £20/kg
- Irish moss and False Irish moss (Chondrus crispus and Mastocarpus stellatus) £15/kg
- Sea lettuce (Ulva sp.) £12/kg
- Can do slender wart weed (Gracilaria gracilis) £25/kg
- Will also do tangle (Laminaria digitata) and sugar kelp (Saccharina latissima) £10/kg
NOTE: We are not harvesting quite yet, with the best month being April.